Photos and videos now appear in google maps and search results, so you have more control over how to use them.
There are four different types of photos that you can upload in your GMB listing:
- Cover Photo
Your GMB cover picture works the same as the ones you use on social media platforms like Facebook. When uploading one, use a high-quality photo of your business logo so users can quickly recognize your brand in Google and online directories.
This one is pretty self explanatory. Load your company logo here.
- General Pictures
General photos are the ones uploaded by either you or your customers. Use it to showcase the different features of your company and help people make well-informed decisions.
You can also upload videos to your GMB listing. Videos are powerful pieces of content that could give people a closer and personal look at your brand.
Photos and videos help give meaning to a GMB listing by allowing users to see what it is a business does or has to offer.
Without photos and videos, it would be a challenge for users to connect the dots and visualize whether or not a business is the right fit for their needs, no matter how great a business description might be.
Who do you think customers will choose - A GMB listing with high-quality photos and videos which show everything about a business or the one with nothing to show at all?
With that said, here are some best practices in using GMB photos and videos:
- Use either a JPG or PNG format and between 10KB to 5MB for photos.
- Use 720px x 720px photo resolution.
- Avoid using filters in your photos to represent your brand realistically.
- Use videos that are 30 seconds long and a file size no larger than 100MB.
- Use 720px video resolution.
- Never use photos from stock photo sites.
- Use photos that show smiling people to convey friendliness.