Everyone is on Facebook. What does this mean to you as a digital advertiser? There's a huge opportunity to reach your audience with paid ads on Facebook. You need to learn how to set up Facebook Ad campaigns. It's not as hard as you might think.
FACEBOOK ADS GETS THE JOB DONE! It's that simple.
In today's article, I'm going to talk about how to set up a Facebook Ad campaign.
It all happens within the Facebook Ads Manager.
What Is Facebook Ads Manager?
Facebook Ads Manager is the primary tool where advertisers can create and manage their campaigns and can use the ads manager to:
- Create Facebook ad campaigns.
- Manage Facebook ad bids.
- Build new ad sets and ads.
- Target many different audiences.
- Measure your ad campaigns' performance.
- Optimize and improve your ad campaigns.
- A/B test your Facebook ad campaigns.
Given all its features, Facebook Ads Manager can seem a bit of a challenge to navigate.
Facebook Ads Manager is a little tricky to navigate, especially if you are new to the platform. Here are three ways on how to access your Facebook Ads Manager account:
How To Navigate Through Facebook Ads Manager
The dashboard of the Facebook Ads Manager consists of four primary tabs:
- Account Overview allows you to see the overall performance of all your Facebook ad campaigns.
- Campaigns tab is where you can create and analyze ad campaigns. Choose what type of Facebook Ads campaign to create - Guided Creation or Quick Creation.
- Ad Sets tab allows you to create and analyze an ad set. An ad set tells your Facebook ad how to run depending on the location, gender, age, etc. that you selected.
- Ads tab lets you create and analyze the ads that your target audience will see, which includes images, videos, text, and a call-to-action button.
Once you get the hang of these primary tabs, you will learn that there are available data and tools (a lot of them actually) for you to use.
If you click the Facebook Ads menu at the top left corner of the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard, you will see the following tools:
Now that you know how to navigate the Facebook Ads Manager tool, let's jump into how to set up a Facebook ad campaign.
How To Set Up Facebook Ad Campaigns
You should be on the Campaigns tab to set up a Facebook ad campaign.
Next, click the +Create button to create a new campaign.
Facebook will then ask you to select the type of campaign you want to create.
From here, follow the crucial steps below to finish your Facebook ad campaign set up.
Select Your Facebook Ad Campaign Objective
To help you choose the right advertising objective, here are the three primary categories you need to know:
- Awareness (Brand Awareness or Reach)
These types of goals generate interest in a product or service. It's about telling potential customers what makes your business relevant.
- Consideration (Traffic, Engagement, App Installs, Video Views, Lead Generation, or Messages)
These types of advertising goals get potential customers to think about your business and ask for more information.
- Conversion (Conversions, Catalog Sales, or Store Traffic)
These types of goals encourage target customers interested in your business to buy or use your product or service.
Name Your Facebook Ad Campaign
Remember that a Facebook Ad campaign can contain multiple ad sets, so to organize them easily, assign a name to them.
Here are a few tips on how to create a name for each ad campaign:
- Add campaign run date range.
- Add client name or website.
- Add the target audience or location.
- Add custom audiences.
- Add creative type.
Choose Your Target Audience
When choosing a target audience for your Facebook ad campaign, you can either create a new audience or use a saved one.
Here are the choices available for creating a new audience:
- Locations - Target ads to Facebook users based on country, state, province, city, district, zip code.
- Age - Target ads to Facebook users within an age range.
- Gender - Target ads to women, men, or Facebook users of all genders.
- Languages - Target ads to Facebook users of specific languages.
- Detailed Targeting - Add or remove Facebook users from an audience based on demographics, interests, or behaviors.
- Connections - Add or remove Facebook users from your audience based on connections to your pages, apps, or events.
- Custom Audiences - Target Facebook users you know generated from the information you provide or from data gathered from Facebook's products.
Set Your Budget
You can choose a daily or lifetime amount for your Facebook ad set budget. Daily Budget is the average Facebook ad budget you will spend every day. Lifetime Budget is the maximum Facebook ad budget that you will spend during the lifetime of your ad set.
Also, you can choose when your ad set starts and for how long it could appear. Your options are:
- Run my ad set continuously starting today
- Set a start and end date
Here's a tip. Set Optimization for Ad Delivery to standard if you want to show your ads throughout the day or accelerated to reach an audience quickly for time-sensitive ads.
Set Up Your Facebook Ad Placement
Facebook recommends Automatic Placements, which includes Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network, but generally will utilize the placements optimized that will yield the best ad results.
Manual Placements, on the other hand, allow you to determine where your Facebook ads will appear. You can select one or more from the following:
- Facebook News Feed
- Instagram Feed
- Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook Video Feeds
- Facebook Right Column
- Instagram Explore
- Messenger Inbox
- Facebook Stories
- Instagram Stories
- Messenger Stories
- Facebook In-Stream Videos
- Facebook Search Results
- Messenger Sponsored Messages
- Audience Network Native, Banner, and Interstitial
- Audience Network Rewarded Videos
- Audience Network In-Stream Videos
Create Your Ad
On this page, you need to set the following:
- Identity - Determine how you want to represent your business in your ad.
- Ad Format - Choose Carousel or Single Image or Video. You can also use existing posts or ad mockups.
- Upload Media - Choose an image or video, or create a new video or slideshow using a template.
- Enter Text and Links
- Set Language
- Set Up Ad Tracking
Measure Your Ads
Creating a Facebook ad campaign isn't the end of the line. You still need to measure the overall performance of your ad to know if it's yielding the best results.
According to Facebook, you should look for these metrics:
- Performance (reach, frequency, impressions)
- Engagement (page likes, post engagement)
- Videos (% of video viewed)
- Website (checkouts, purchases)
- Apps (installs, credit spends, cost per app)
- Events (cost per event)
- Clicks (CTR, CPC)
- Settings (start date, end date, ad ID, bid and objective)
Don't be afraid to tweak your campaign if it's not giving you the best results.
And that's how to set up Facebook ad campaigns!
Check out the recommended resources section below to know more about Facebook Ad Campaigns. You can also TALK TO US if you want a one-on-one session about this topic.
Recommended Facebook Ads Resources
Easy Facebook Advertising Tips for Unbelievable Results
Facebook Local Advertising Secrets Revealed
Facebook Marketing for Small Business: How to Get Started
So what do you think about this article? Are you ready to set up a Facebook Ad campaign?
Leave a comment below and let's chat!
Also, if you think the article is worth the SHARE, it will be a great honor.
Header image courtesy of JumpStory.